Rocket Science Toronto is an internationally recognized VFX studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Room for growth, an excellent live/work balance and constant artistic challenge on a variety of projects attract artists and VFX production personnel to the Rocket Science team. Our credits include the Resident Evil franchise, Rupture, Dolphin Tale, Hannibal, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, and The Expanse.
Key Duties of the Job:
• 3D modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, shading, look development and FX.
• Transition smoothly between a variety of generalist roles on different projects.
• Take direction from CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisors; execute a variety of tasks based on that direction.
• Work within a collaborative team environment.
• Maya, Vray, Mental Ray, Nuke.
• Knowledge of Houdini, Mari, Zbrush, PFTrack, MEL, RSL and Python are a plus.
• An understanding of both feature film and television VFX production pipelines.
• 3+ years experience in a live-action VFX Environment.
• A professional and friendly manner.
• A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
• College Certificate &/or degree in animation/VFX, or applicable industry experience required.
• On site permanent full time and contract work available.
• Minimum 40 hours per week. Overtime and shifted work hours may be required from time to time to meet delivery deadlines.
• Demo Reel. Include notes regarding your contribution to the work.
• Cover letter and professional resume.
• Summarize your citizenship and legal ability to work in Canada.
Rocket Science’s creative team is housed in a massive turn of the century barn-like office in Toronto’s vibrant Roncesvalles Village. The building has been featured in the Globe & Mail due to it’s architecture, history and amenities, including an artisanal bakery cafe. The location is close to subway and transit, in a destination neighborhood with restaurants, shopping, nightlife and access to Lake Ontario, biking trails and High Park. The team enjoys free lunch Fridays, regular access to film screenings and constant training opportunities.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org