Rocket Science VFX
We are a mid-size visual effects studio based in Toronto. Our team collaborates with high-end live action film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. 3D Animators, Lighters, Matte Painters, Compositors and Coordinator/Managers work directly on the creative issues and storytelling for feature films and feature quality TV series. Our credits include the Resident Evil franchise, Rupture, Dolphin Tale, Hannibal, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, and The Expanse.
Key Duties of the Job:
• Model and surface custom photo realistic 3D props, vehicles and environments.
• Balance aesthetic standards and technical requirements to create quality models that work within a render pipeline.
• Take direction from CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisors; execute a variety of tasks based on that direction.
• Work within a collaborative team environment.
• Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop.
• Knowledge of Nuke, Houdini, MEL and Python are a plus.
• An understanding of both feature film and television VFX production pipelines.
• 3+ years experience in a live-action VFX Environment.
• Professional and friendly manner.
• A strong eye for scale, detail and realism.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
• College Certificate &/or degree in animation/VFX, or applicable industry experience required.
• On site permanent full time and contract work available.
• Minimum 40 hours per week. Overtime and shifted work hours may be required from time to time to meet delivery deadlines.
• Demo Reel. Include notes regarding your contribution to the work.
• Cover letter and professional resume.
• Summarize your citizenship and legal ability to work in Canada.
Rocket Science’s creative team is housed in a massive turn of the century barn-like office in Toronto’s vibrant Roncesvalles Village. The building has been featured in the Globe & Mail due to it’s architecture, history and amenities, including an artisanal bakery cafe. The location is close to subway and transit, in a destination neighborhood with restaurants, shopping, nightlife and access to Lake Ontario, biking trails and High Park. The team enjoys free lunch Fridays, regular access to film screenings and constant training opportunities.
Apply via email to email@example.com