Rocket Science Toronto is an internationally recognized VFX studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Room for growth, an excellent live/work balance and constant artistic challenge on a variety of projects attract artists and VFX production personnel to the Rocket Science team. Our credits include the Resident Evil franchise, Rupture, Dolphin Tale, Hannibal, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, and The Expanse.
Assistant Production Manager
Key Duties of the Job:
• Work with the key staff to create and implement production plans balancing schedules, creative and budgetary goals.
• Be a driving force in the studio for excellence, ensuring projects maximize resources and stakeholder satisfaction.
• Support and manage creative, production and technical staff.
• An excellent understanding of both feature film and television VFX production pipelines.
• Exceptional planning, negotiating, communicating and leadership skills.
• At least 3 years project management experience in a VFX or Animation pipeline.
• Ideal candidate will be comfortable and knowledgeable discussing technical aspects of VFX Production with creative and technical staff.
• Working knowledge of Shotgun (or equivalent) and Excel.
• A professional and friendly manner.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
• College Certificate &/or degree in animation/VFX, or applicable industry experience required.
• On site permanent full time and contract work available.
• Minimum 40 – 44 hours per week. Overtime and shifted work hours may be required from time to time to meet production and delivery deadlines.
• Cover letter and professional resume.
• Summarize your citizenship and legal ability to work in Canada.
Rocket Science’s creative team is housed in a massive turn of the century barn-like office in Toronto’s vibrant Roncesvalles Village. The building has been featured in the Globe & Mail due to it’s architecture, history and amenities, including an artisanal bakery cafe. The location is close to subway and transit, in a destination neighborhood with restaurants, shopping, nightlife and access to Lake Ontario, biking trails and High Park. The team enjoys free lunch Fridays, regular access to film screenings and constant training opportunities.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org