Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our studio is located in the west end of Toronto at the intersection of the vibrant Roncesvalles/ Junction/ Bloor West neighbourhoods. Our company offers room for growth, an excellent live-work balance and artistic challenges on a variety of projects. Our credits include the Resident Evil franchise, Rupture, Hannibal, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, and The Expanse.
• 3 to 6 years experience as a Matte Painter in live-action VFX pipeline.
- Proven ability creating photo-real environments and graphic elements.
- Experience with both photography-based multi-plane matte paintings and 3d environments.
- Proven ability designing concept art to guide the shoot and VFX production.
- Highest proficiency in Photoshop, Shotgun.
- Knowledge of Nuke, Maya, Mari are a plus.
- Solve creative and technical problems under tight deadlines.
- Capacity to thrive in a results-driven pipeline.
- A proven eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
- A strong resume, demo reel and references.
• Full time and contract work available.
• Salary to be negotiated depending on skill level and experience.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your current resume, link to your demo reel and breakdowns.