Rocket Science Toronto is an internationally recognized VFX studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Room for growth, an excellent live/work balance and constant artistic challenge on a variety of projects attract artists and VFX production personnel to the Rocket Science team. Our credits include the Resident Evil franchise, Rupture, Dolphin Tale, Hannibal, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, and The Expanse.
Key Duties of the Job:
• Working out of our Toronto studio, oversee all aspects of multiple VFX projects, ensuring delivery at the highest quality level.
• Create script breakdowns and creative briefs.
• Design VFX shots, create technical plans and oversee the prep, production, post and delivery of VFX shots and sequences.
• Liaise with show producers, directors, production and post-production departments.
• Provide on-set supervision, including data collection, reference photography and shot/sequence design consulting.
• Collaborate with the VFX Producer, Production Manager and Coordinators.
• Supervise studio Artists, communicate concise creative notes, set expectations, manage workflow and problem-solve.
• Provide creative responsibility for shots with attention to detail and quality control.
• Balance delivery schedules, creative needs and budgets.
• Strong creative and visual storytelling skills and the proven ability to create professional and impressive shots for film and television productions.
• A complete understanding of both feature film and television VFX production pipelines.
• Well versed in principles of live action film and television production, including directing, lighting, camera, special effects, grip, art department, costumes and props.
• Excellent planning, negotiating, communicating and leadership skills.
• At least 5 years experience in the VFX industry.
• At least 2 years experience as a VFX Supervisor on recognized films or TV series.
• A professional and friendly manner.
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem-solve in a fast paced environment.
• College Certificate &/or degree in animation/VFX, or applicable industry experience required.
• On site permanent full time and contract work available.
• Minimum 40 – 44 hours per week. Overtime and shifted work hours may be required from time to time to meet production and delivery deadlines.
• Demo Reel. Include notes on your contribution to the work.
• Cover letter and professional resume.
• Summarize your citizenship and legal ability to work in Canada.
Rocket Science’s creative team is housed in a massive turn of the century barn-like office in Toronto’s vibrant Roncesvalles Village. The building has been featured in the Globe & Mail due to it’s architecture, history and amenities, including an artisanal bakery cafe. The location is close to subway and transit, in a destination neighborhood with restaurants, shopping, nightlife and access to Lake Ontario, biking trails and High Park. The team enjoys free lunch Fridays, regular access to film screenings and constant training opportunities.
Apply via email to email@example.com